Today is Tuesday, October 16, the 290th day of the year, World Food Day and Boss' Day.
- Naugatuck residents concerned about coyotes in residential neighborhoods on the west side of town
- Naugatuck Pop Warner cheerleaders are state champs
- Live Blog: Second Presidential Debate Tonight
Tuesday: Partly sunny, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 59.
Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 34. Northwest wind around 6 mph.
Events & Reminders
- Deputy Mayor Tamath K. Rossi will present donations she received for the Naugatuck Ecumenical Food Bank for running a marathon in Hartford over the weekend. She will make that presentation at 4 p.m. today.
Today in History
- 1869: The Cardiff Giant, one of the most famous hoaxes in American history, is "discovered."
- 1916: Margaret Sanger opens the first family planning clinic in the U.S. in Brooklyn, NY.
- 1923: The Walt Disney Company is founded by Walt Disney and his brother, Roy Disney.
- 1962: Cuban Missile Crisis between the U.S. and Cuba and the USSR begins.
- 1995: The Million Man March occurs in Washington, D.C.
Weather information taken from the National Weather Service. Today in History compiled from Wikipedia and other sources.