The following information was provided by Senior Center Director Harvey Frydman:
- The , 300 Meadow Street, Naugatuck, CT has scheduled a Foxwoods Casino day trip for Tuesday, September 11, 2012. Leave the parking area at 7:30 A.M. Trip includes round trip transportation, a food voucher and Keno card. Cost: $28. Call the Naugatuck Senior Center at 203-72-7069 for further information or to register for this day trip.
- The Naugatuck Senior Center has organized a Southern Vermont day trip for Thursday, September 20, 2012. Visit the Adams Farm, established in 1865. Enjoy a hands on agricultural presentation in the Barn Theater and interact with goats, lambs and rabbits. There will be a visit to the Farm Store where you can purchase maple products. There will be a comfortable wagon ride through the farm’s 210 acre apple orchard. We will then travel to the Old Red Mill for a hearty lunch, with a meal choice of baked salmon, Chicken Piccata, or Yankee Pot Roast. There will be a stop at the Apple Barn where you may purchase fresh picked apples or apple cider. Depart from the parking area of the Naugatuck Senior Center, 300 Meadow Street, Naugatuck, CT, at 7:30 A.M. Cost per person: $98.00. Call 203-720-7069 to register for this autumn trip.
- A three-part Stress Management Series will take place at the Naugatuck Senior Center, 300 Meadow Street, Naugatuck, CT on Tuesdays, September 4, 11, & 18, 2012, 1 P.M. This is a free health and wellness, educational program. Instructor: Jennifer DeWitt; Executive Director, Central Naugatuck Valley Regional Action Council, Waterbury, CT. This Stress Management series has been made possible through a grant from the East Hill Woods Fund of the Connecticut Community Foundation and CNVRAC.
- An Eat Colorful, Healthy Foods lecture will take place at the Naugatuck Senior Center, 300 Meadow Street, Naugatuck, CT on Wednesday, September 12, 2012, 10 A.M. Learn why it is important to eat more fruits and vegetables in your daily diet. Instructor: Erica Burdon, Nutritionist, New Opportunities, Inc.,Waterbury, CT.
- The Naugatuck Senior Center and the Connecticut Community Foundation invite you to attend Open House 2012, to take place at the Naugatuck Senior Center, 300 Meadow Street, Naugatuck, CT, on Tuesday, September 18, 2012; 9 A.M.-1 P.M. Visit over 35 informational booths, including The Naugatuck Senior Center’s Arts & Crafts Group; The Connecticut Community Foundation; Brian Vaugh and the Yoga & Meditation Class; Lucille Morrisette-The Coupon Lady; The Village at East Farms; Beacon Brook Heath Care; Glendale Health Care Center; J&L MEDICAL; Banker’s Life & Casualty; Sheraton Home Care; Griffin Hospital; LIFELINE; Connecticut Department of Social Services-Aging Division; Health Complex; Foxwoods Resort & Casino; Connecticut Light & Power Company; Naugatuck VNA; The United States Army Recruiting Station-Waterbury, CT; Dr. Robert Matusz, Podiatrist; Aetna; The Naugatuck Fire Department; AARP Safe Driving; VITA Tax Program; Naugatuck Valley Memorial; Dickey’s Barbeque Pit; WELLCARE; G.S. Regan Associates; Naugatuck Housing Authority; Home Instead Senior Care; New Opportunities, Inc. Super Stop & Shop Supermarkets; YoFarms Yogurt; Paradigm Health Care; Bethel Healthcare; The Chinese Culture Association; Apria Healthcare; and more. There will be a free box lunch for the first125 people attending Open House 2012. Register to win door prizes.
- A Flu Shot Clinic will take place at the Naugatuck Senior Center, 300 Meadow Street, Naugatuck, CT on Tuesday, September 25, 2012, 9 A.M.-11 A.M. Please bring your Medicare Card and photo ID. No appointments necessary. For further information call 203-720-7069
- Glendale Health Care Center, Naugatuck, CT will host a Health and Wellness Breakfast on Friday, September 14, 2012, 9 A.M. The breakfast will take place at the Naugatuck Senior Center, 300 Meadow Street, Naugatuck, CT. Visit health care booths with information on Risk Prevention, Dietary Information, Pharmacy Information, Blood Pressure, and Prescription Drugs. Register for door prizes. Hosted by Patricia Birch, Community Outreach Representative, Glendale Health Care Center.