Musicals at Richter have announced that their Richter Camp show will be Grease: School Edition. Executive Director Janice Gabriel tells me that they are offering a $100 discount if applications are sent in and postmarked by January 31.
Musicals at Richter Summer Youth Musical Theater Workshop 2013
1. Dates and Hours of Operation:
The workshop will be held July 29 – August 17 on the grounds of Richter House, 100 Aunt Hack Road, Danbury, CT. Auditions will be held on July 26 from 10 AM– 3 PM (See #6 for Details)
• Auditions: Friday, July 26: 10 AM – 3 PM
• First Two Weeks (Monday, 7/29 through Thursday, 8/8):
o Monday-Thursday 9:30 AM – 3:30 PM
• Week Three (Monday, 8/12 – Wednesday, 8/14):
o Monday-Wednesday 5:00 PM – 9:00 PM
• Three Performance Nights: Thursday, 8/15; Friday, 8/16 and Saturday,
o 6:30 PM call for all performers; 8 PM Show
o Gates open to public at 7 PM
o Tickets for audience members are $13 in advance, $15 at the door
*Participants are required to attend all rehearsals and performances
*Drop off and pick up times MUST be honored due to staff hours
2. WHAT TO BRING EVERY DAY:
Each child needs to bring:
• Water, snack, and lunch labeled with their names
• ALL belongings in a backpack
• Script and/or score (which will be made available to every student)
• Suntan lotion
* Transportation is not provided.
* The session ends with a full production (tickets must be purchased for
every show) and the students get to work on a stage, with a professional
staff and crew.
3. What is the age group?
The age range is from 10-17 years old.
4. What type of staff do you have?
We have professional directors, choreographers, musical directors, stage
managers and production assistants.
1. The Director/Assistant- Works on blocking the show and acting
2. Musical Director- Works on vocal technique and teaches the melodies
3. Choreographer- Works on the dances and staging of musical numbers.
4. Production assistants - Work with the group on whatever needs to be
5. How many are accepted?
Workshop registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. You do not need
to audition to get into the workshop as casting happens on the first two
days. We will accept between 35 and 50 students. Once the session is full
we will put your child on a waiting list. If anyone cancels, we will call the
next person on the waiting list and offer them the spot.
6. How are parts cast?
Students will be placed in parts according to their talent and what they are
able to handle. Please note that we reserve the right to DOUBLE CAST parts
Auditions will take place on Friday, July 26, 2013 from 10-3 at the
Richter House. Everyone will learn a song, read and dance.
Roles will be given out on Monday, July 29 (the first day of camp)
The students DO NOT need to prepare anything in advance to audition
for the summer workshop.
The Director and Musical Director teach the students one song from the
show and they will sing it together and then individually to listen for vocal
quality and projection.
**If performers are unable to make auditions on 7/26, alternate
accommodations may be able to be made. This will be based on each
7. PAYMENT AND REFUND POLICY:
We accept cash and checks. If paying by check please make it payable to:
Musicals at Richter. Returned checks will result in a $30 insufficient
This is a non-refundable program and students will not be permitted to
attend the first day of our workshops without payment in full. Musicals at
Richter reserves the right to remove anyone from the program for
misconduct and will not refund any tuition or ticket purchases.
8. What is the cost of the program?
The cost of the 3-week program is $450 for one student per session.
If you sign up and pay in full before January 31, 2013 the cost is $350.
Sibling rate is $200 per child before January 31 and $250 after January 31.