The National Weather Service (NWS) is forecasting another nasty weekend in store for Naugatuck, with rain, sleet and possibly some snow accumulation starting Saturday afternoon.
Due to the nature of the storm, forecast predictions are murky as to the type of precipitation coming to specific areas, but amounts are expected to be heavy across Connecticut.
“A strengthening coastal low is expected to impact the area Saturday through early Sunday with widespread significant precipitation,” the NWS warns in a Hazardous Weather Outlook. “Right now, the precipitation is forecast to be mainly rain at the coast and a wintry mix of snow, sleet and freezing rain inland.”
As the storm tracks, there is a possibility it will produce “significant snowfall accumulations” further inlandz, however, “There is still quite a bit of uncertainty for this event,” the NWS says. “Variations in track and magnitude as well as timing will lead to changes in precipitation amounts and type.”
Naugatuck’s Weekend Forecast
- Today (Saturday): A chance of rain and snow before noon, then periods of rain. High near 37. Southeast wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Tonight: Periods of rain before 8pm, then periods of rain and snow between 8pm and 11pm, then periods of snow and freezing rain after 11pm. Low around 31. East wind 6 to 8 mph becoming northeast after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday: Rain, snow, and freezing rain likely, becoming all rain after 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 42. Northeast wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Sunday Night: A slight chance of snow before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. North wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 41. North wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 26.